miércoles, 16 de diciembre de 2009

New Year's?

I know Christmas isn't even here yet, but I am already thinking about new beginnings, like that of 2010. It is crazy to think that we're going into the second decade of the 2000s! I feel so different right now from the way I was even in 2004. Besides my feelings about changes in me since that time, a lot has changed even since last New Year's. Let's start with negatives....
  • lost a boyfriend
  • lost a job
  • got stressed
  • slept too much
  • ate too much
  • generally lived a lazy life
But now some positives
  • realized that what I had in a boyfriend was not what I wanted and not what I deserved
  • drove places alone and actually made it to where I needed to be, when I needed to be there!
  • spoke Spanish to people at the Immersion, understood others and was understood by them
  • slept in a hotel room by myself
  • went to Curves and worked out some
  • gained a sense of self-worth
  • gained peace within (more than I had before)
  • found out about my thyroid condition and got help for it
  • found out the ones who really truly care for me and my well-being
  • signed up for a Master's program
Now for New Year's resolutions....I think I'd better make them few so that I can more easily met.
  • Seek God above all things
  • Care for myself. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I am worth it.
  • Think the best of myself.
  • Live a life that challenges me intellectually
  • Seek out adventure - Spain!
  • Find what in life makes me happy.
  • Find others who can accept me in spite of my faults.
  • Accept others in spite of their faults.
Now, below is a note I previously had on facebook, but thought it was applicable....
If money was no object and your success was guaranteed, what would you want in your life?
I would travel to Spanish speaking nations and Europe.
Live in tons of countries!
I would be a college professor.
I would write papers and give talks on things related to Spanish and culture.
I would be a Dr.!
I would have students who liked me!
I would dance!
I would be a lean, mean teaching, researching, lecturing machine!
I would be in shape.
I would know how awesome I am and feel confident in myself.
I would be happy with my life even if I were single.

If you decided to never again accept anything less than everything what would you do?
I would go to grad school.
I would get a PhD.
I would not think that I couldn´t do things. I would go out and try them.
I would recognize when I make mistakes but not stew in the juice of my own misery...
I would make my dreams come true.
I would thoughtfully put effort towards everything I did.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario