lunes, 25 de enero de 2010

Grief and Nerdiness

My uncle passed away yesterday. While I was not as close with him as other relatives, it hurts. I am trying to be here for my family and just love and listen to them. It has been helpful for this time of my life (not just grieving, but searching for who I am) to be studying what I am.

I am really finding comfort in reading Teresa of Avila. Also, there is a facebook application that is called "God wants you to know...." I really think it is helpful!

Here was today's message:
"If you never questioned your beliefs, - you are just a puppet dancing to somebody's strings. If God had wanted your mindless obedience, you would've been created without mind and without free will. But you have both so you can come to God of your own accord. Just look at the lives of saints, - most of them had gone through a dark night of the soul, and that's why their faith was so strong. The path to true faith always goes through doubt. So ask those questions you've always been afraid to ask, and find the answers, and then your faith will become unshakable."

But yah, nerdiness:
I have a paper for my MA (which I haven't started but have paid for 1 year) that is not due until fall 2011 and you've read 12/16 works for it.
AND I've considered getting a tattoo of a quote from Teresa!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario