martes, 2 de marzo de 2010

Book musings

I spoke too soon.

I promise I am going to bed as soon as I can....maybe. ;)

I am a follower of some book blogs and that got me thinking. I love reading...what are places, books, etc that I hold dear? What books do I want to revisit or visit for the first time?

Specific memories connected with books

Les Miserables on a boat in a canal in Costa Rica....along with "Hey There Delilah" in a pair of shared earbuds with my ex.
The Twilight Series in an Anderson hall dorm room....
Mary Roach's 3 sciencey books....Bonk (about sex, but scientifically viewed), Spook (afterlife), Stiff (about dead people), in my bed in my first apartment.
Harry Potter 7 in my room at my house, from after work at about 4 until about 3 am that night. Deathly Hallows, along with the Twilight books, was one that I couldn't put down. Sleep lost when reading is not missed!
Jane Eyre....don't remember where but along with the Alanna books it really affected me, I think it shaped who I became!
Del Amor y Otros Demonios by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (liked!)
100 years of Solitude by Gabo also (very boring!)

Additonally,I remember when the library in my town was in a different place, and it held a lot of positive reading memories.
I like the new library but a lot of my adolescent reading occurred in the old building. It was small and homey too....I remember the way the light would come through the windows and keep you warm while you read.

I am sure there are more, but these are really the ones that stand out.

Books I want to read in Spain, on the plane, or somewhere else (oh man I could have rhymed)!
On the plane
One of my many unread books! Isabel Allende, Julie and Julia, Teresa of Avila, Screwtape Letters,

Reread....Candide, Les Miz, Twilight book in Spanish, Wuthering Heights

In Spain -- my class items!

The way back -- ?

I think I'll be able to keep occupied with my laptop (if I can find a carryon I can fit it into!), blogging, my ipod, and 1-2 books. eating, sleeping.....drawing....possibly planning for my new classroom! Whatever I do, I hope to enjoy!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario